Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Commercial-Free German Shepherd - In light of over 2 dozen GSD WebRings, many of which are cookie-cutter, anything-goes sort of Rings, we give you a Ring

Forums     Login   Signup

Commercial-Free German Shepherd

Manager: andrea
Welcome to "German Shepherd Dog - The TOTAL Canine" Forum! This Forum is the place to discuss all things 'GSD'. Feel free to post your questions, answers, and comments about anything pertaining to the German Shepherd Dog. Our Forum is dedicated to the ultimate combination of beauty, character, intelligence, agility, and working ability... also known as the German Shepherd Dog... Deutscher Schäferhund... the ultimate dog, the TOTAL canine. We welcome breeders, trainers, handlers, and owners who believe in combining the top GSD bloodlines from around the world to produce dogs of a caliber worthy of the breed. Our Forum is open to those who strive to achieve the highest standards in breeding and competition. Shutzhund or Show Ring, Police K9 or family pet, Bundessieger or Westminster, this versatile breed is always at the top of their game. Browse our member sites, and feel free to join us if you have something to discuss about the German Shepherd Dog.

Sponsored Links

Welcome to our Forum!
MEMBERS & GUESTS: Our FORUM is now OPEN!
  Welcome to "German Shepherd Dog - The TOTAL Canine" Forum! This Forum is th
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Help! Left ear is still not standing - 01/08/2007
I have a beautiful 6 mos old male GSD. His left ear is being stubborn. Some times it stands and other times it is floppy. I was going to tape it but have heard if it has stood before eventually it will stand. Is this true? He will be 7 mos on the 14th of January. Am I to late?

Replied - 01/09/2007
Go ahead and start working on it now, but you may be late. 3-5 months seems to be the crucial time. Did he have any trouble with his teething? Teething problems do seem to affect the ears.

Replied - 04/18/2007
My dog is the same, he is almost 7 months and one of his ears is floppy. My partners family have had German Shepherds for years and his ear will eventually stay up. Hope this helps

Replied - 06/08/2007
In my experience, after 5-6 months there isn't much hope the ear will be up full time. Did the dog have any teething problems? Teething problems or being raised with a very dominant, overbearing adult dog (having to look submissive all the time) seem to be two major factors in the ears.

Replied - 08/22/2008
Sorry, but I think your info is inaccurate - My 5 month old baby is having the same problem, 1 ear up, 1 ear down. We adopted him into our home at 8 wks old and has had nothing but LOVE LOVE and more LOVE with no teething problems. We were told that this sometimes happen and the next best thing to do is to but tape on his ears. I really don't care one way or the other, as long as he is happy with us and continues to be the BOMB DIGGY BOMB Baby, he can keep his ear down AND YES he is purebreed

Replied - 09/05/2008
There is an excellent article about gluing and taping German Shepherd Ears at http://www.gallantshepherds.com/ears.htm With plenty of info on a 5 month Old Pup.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy